.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GregInJapan

Japan As I See It

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Hey Osaka Jo, Whadday Know?


For this years Hanami, my friends Hugh, Jack and I went to Osaka Castle, or, Osaka-Jo as it known around these parts.

It was a rainy day, cold and windy to boot. I was not happy, to say the least. I wanted to join in at least one hanami somehow, and this seemed like the perfect day to do it, the days before. Throughout the whole week, news sources consistently forecast good weather. Ha.

The first meteorologist who utters, "My bad!" should be cast into the fire, as an example to the others.

Well, as we approached the castle, the rain abated, and the sun started to come out. Japan is a place where there can be blue sky and sun, and yet the rain still falls, and this day was no execption.



The rain stopped enough that we could all sit, and sip our chu-hi or sake, and compose our haiku:

Hugh:
The rain falls heavily
The blossoms rise elegant
All things in their time.


Jack:
As people come by
In awe of cherry blossoms
We all shriek, "Kampai"!


me:
The uguisu
Shakes the blossoms to the ground
Like the rain before.

1 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger Juan said...

after looking at these pictures, I recalled how clean those shrines are in Japan. Many temples in China are also beautiful, but they are hardly this clean...sigh. Don't you agree?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home