.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GregInJapan

Japan As I See It

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fire Work with Me

Oh, we had a grand time last night.I went over to A and T's appartment with my friend/english student K, to have some pirogi that A made for dinner. When I had spoken to her earlier, she I thought she had said her husband had found out about a firework festival, of which there are many in August in Japan, and we could see some fire in the sky. I missheard: instead, what A said was that they had fireworks of their own. Now, fireworks are cheap to buy, some only costing about 70 yen, cool ones at that. One of them is this tank, which shoots off fire from the turret for about 10 seconds,which, if I can find it, I will buy myself and put the movie up here. K, AS, TS and I all took the fireworks, which are legal all year round in Japan, to a local park, where we set about ten of them off. The colours were beautiful, and I tried to capture them as best I could with my fonecam. They are on YouTube for the whole world to enjoy.

here is A with a sparkler (and I apologize for the sideways view, I was not able to rotate the image):



Here is her neice, B:


This is a tree firework, and a roman candle:
width="600" height="350">

Ah, the wonders of technology; recording on a fonecam, posting those images on a blog after having emailed them to myself and saved them on my computer, then uploading them on YouTube. No videotape was harmed in the making of these movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home