.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GregInJapan

Japan As I See It

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Action!

You know, when I started this blog, I thought I would have more to write about adventures, and fun things. I thought that coming to Japan would be a great opportunity to explore, travel, et cetera. However, I find myself falling into predictable patterns. Five days of work, two off. What do I really do with my time?

Then, I visit the Ukyio-e print museum in Osaka, and I really see again. My mother's uncle, Paul, visited Japan about sixty years ago, collecting some beautiful prints and so as he did. As I drank in the beauty of the prints made here in O-town, I thought of those. I am more determined than ever to be as knowledgeable about the subject of Japanese woodblock prints as possible. I may even start to sell them, if I can.

My advice to all of you is: find your beauty. Invest in it. Let it tell you a tale that only you can hear. And find those who have the same tastes, share.
Hokusai gave Japan perspective; he gives it to me, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home