.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GregInJapan

Japan As I See It

Sunday, January 22, 2006

OH, Kyoto

I have had a slight illness the last week, which is why I have been incommunicado.
But, feeling better, and having had made a promise to myself that, after my test on Friday, I would finally go to Kyoto, I took the train to visit Japan;'s old capitol.

The journey there was a little tortuous, because I did not plan it right, and it took too long. Once I got there, however, I could feel the difference from Osaka, right away. I was helped by not just one, but two very nice people getting directions. You would never have that here in O-Town. They would be too busy trying to sell something.
I went, specifically, to go see the National Museum, and I am glad I did. The place is huge, with many buildings to explore, and a great garden that once the spring and summer comes, should be beautiful. I plan to visit often, as membership is only $30, and you can get discounts to a place here in Osaka too. The feel of Kyoto is much different, too. You can really tell that this is a city which has been here more than 1200 years. There might not be deer, but there is much more dear in the city.

1 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Juan said...

Did you take a walk at Gion area? It's very nice. You might even see a Geisha walking into a private tea house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home