.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GregInJapan

Japan As I See It

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

V-D

Valentine's Day in Japan has a curious tradition: that women give their beloved gifties and sweets, and that the men are objects of affection.


To answer the obvious question, I only got chocolate from my fellow student, which in Japan, was obligation, and my Japanese school, which thought it was fun.
However, most of us poor suckers will have to shell out about three, to four times as much on March 14, "white day" , for social obligations. My rallying cry is, however: "Dollar store, here I come!"

1 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Juan said...

That's the same for Koreans. When I was expecting gift that day, my korean friend was complaining about the obligations of giving out gifts. She obviously likes "White Day" better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home