.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GregInJapan

Japan As I See It

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Snow-saka


Today has the first snow of the winter season here in Osaka. When I woke up in the morining, I checked the weather online, and it said: "snow". Now, the Yahoo weather forcast for my area has been spotty, at best, so when I read that, I was skeptical. Furthermore, the night before, there was a thunderstorm, which usually does not betide snow--- although, living in Baltimore as long as I have, I have witnessed lightning, thunder, and snow simutaneously.

Then, I heard excited shouts, young children voices, "Yuki! Yuki! Yuki ga furu!" (Snow! Snow! It's snowing!)
I went outside to investigate, and, indeed, white flakes dropping gently from the sky.

It's snowing!

1 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Juan said...

and now it is called white christmas...

I'm leaving for Rockville in two hours for two days, enjoying a little Chinese food and clothes shopping.
See u at Christmas Eve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home