.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GregInJapan

Japan As I See It

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Bloom

Flowers have universal appeal, but Japan seems to dig them very much. There are numerous floral arrays in every business you go to, plants and all kinds of flowers are sold everywhere. I may even buy a spider plant, myself. You would think, though, there would be more bamboo sold, but the traditional violets, gardenias, etc, seem to rule. Mother Nature, too, has begun to refresh her abode, and it is a particular joy to see the sprouting of the new plants. The daffodils are in full bloom as well. I have always loved daffodils. Their bright,yellow tops standing heroically, defiantly, against anything that the last stages of winter can bring. I think the courage they represent is a good metaphor for all of us, that we too can withstand the worst that the winters of our discontent can bring, and shine, shine like the sun.

1 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Juan said...

Yes, Japan is famous for the art of flower arranging. I vaguely remember that they have such major in college.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home