.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GregInJapan

Japan As I See It

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Haru: spring to it!


Ahh, springtime in Japan! No more winter coats, no more hats. Now that I have said this, I fully expect the largest snowfall in Osaka history. But, today and yesterday, the weather was just georgeous. Plums are beginning to blossom here, but I have been too busy at work to go to Osaka Castle and see the blossom, which gives me pause about the old phrase, stopping to smell the roses. I will not let the cherry blossoms go unwatched, though, and their blossom is just around the corner. I can't wait!



On another note, I am busily planning my trips back to Beijing, and back to Baltimore. When I get to the capitol of China, I want to see the Great wall, the forbidden city and walk around the middle of town. My friend, LZ, is going to help me with this. I am lucky to have a contact in the city, so that I can see part of the "real" city, not just tourist sections. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home