.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GregInJapan

Japan As I See It

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Picture this

A few weeks ago, I ran into a small, but wonderful used book and antique print store. The variety of books is huge, considering the size, but, alas, all the tomes are in Japanese. So, I can't read them, yet. But, I can purchase reproduction prints of the ukiyo-e era, and they are very nice. I can also purchase the real thing, for a much higher price. But hey, since I am here, I will save up my pennies, and purchase a few.* Currently, I have a number of repros which I put up in my room.

I very much like the prints of Hiroshige, and the above is one of his most famous. An origional would cost dearly, but I got mine for only $8.00. My favourite is the one here:


Pretty much summs up both Baltimore and Osaka.








*actually, I refer to the Japanese one yen coin, as "yennies", so perhaps I should say that, instead

1 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Juan said...

You did the right thing, Greg. You would have regreted if you did not buy those when you have the chance and money. I like the second one better. The first one is very much like Chinese watercolor painting of southern China.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home