.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GregInJapan

Japan As I See It

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Well, at least they weren't selling what was in the truck.

When I first came to Japan a few months ago, I would occasionally here a pre-recorded, happy sounding jingle, which seemed to eminate from a vehicle of some kind. I presumed it was a vehicle, as the sound would get louder and then wane, in the same way a siren would from a police car or ambulance. Being fresh and un-used to my new home, and certainly not fluent enough to understand the song, I thought it might have been Japan's version of an ice-cream truck, because it had that same kind of music.

The other day, I heard the same jingle. "Well, that's weird, why are they selling ice cream in this weather? It can't be ice cream, I wonder what it is?" I sallied forth, to find the origin of the cheery song, and found it.

It was a garbage truck.

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Juan said...

cute :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home